From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Projects and subproject status
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:33:25
1 On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 15:29 +0100, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2
3 > XEmacs:
4 > I cannot tell much, but graaff seems to have closed most of the severe
5 > bugs and worked on having more/bette eclasses for the app-xemacs
6 > category.
7
8 Most bugs are closed and the ones remaining have mostly been discussed
9 with upstream, although that doesn't mean a solution is forthcoming in
10 all cases. We are also fully in sync with upstream's stable elisp
11 packages.
12
13 Next steps:
14 - replace the xemacs-packages-sumo package with a meta package so that
15 we can avoid file collisions all over the place
16 - check packages with an emacs use flag to see if xemacs can also be
17 supported
18 - include xemacs 21.5 in the tree after the next upstream release; with
19 this release the package files will also move from /usr/lib
20 to /usr/share
21
22 Hans