From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] libxul.so in gentoo
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 22:15:24
1 Hi,
2 May be a stupid question, but
3 Both firefox and thunderbird have xul library. Before there was a
4 separate package xulrunner in the tree, but as Mozilla does not provide
5 it as a separate package now (as far as I remember) both firefox and
6 thunderbird use there own libxul.so. It seems this is the same library
7 (Or am I wrong?). So may be it could be splitted into a separate
8 package? (The reason is its compilation takes a lot of time on week
9 machines and compiling it one time would be better than twice). Also as
10 far as I can see xulrunner is splitted into a separate package in Debian
11 and at least Iceweasel uses it.
12
13 Jauhien