From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk2 use flag must die
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:17:06
1 On Sunday 02 April 2006 20:41, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > nothing personal, but who are you to say whether it's legit ?
3
4 It's really not a question what's legit (heck, you started using this term, so
5 blaming Olivier for using it is a bit odd), but what we (can and want to)
6 support. Wouldn't it have been time for you to speak up, when the Gnome herd
7 announced to deprecate Gtk1 support for applications that build again Gtk2!?
8 Instead playing the road block for the very few people who may still favor
9 Gtk1, it should be more the question, if there's anyone supporting Gtk1
10 upstream with regards to security issues etc.. I for one favor it to
11 eliminate toolkits that are superseeded by their successor as fast as
12 possible.
15 Carsten