From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 10:43:05
1 I think that would be a more useful default view of the docs, but
2 still doesn't quite get it perfect.
3
4 Here is what I think would be ideal: One shorter Web page covering the
5 installation process, with links to supplemental information that is
6 currently cluttering everything up. I don't need to read a page about
7 all the different options I have when installing Gentoo, or see a
8 complete list of boot options. That's supplemental info. If I need
9 that I can click on the link. What I don't like is having to click on
10 links to get to the "next step" of the process. All key steps should
11 be covered tersely on a single page.
12
13 Make sense?
14
15 Maybe the solution is as simple as making the quick install guide the
16 default doc and pepper it with links into the handbook for additional
17 information. I think that could require relatively little work and do
18 the trick.
19
20 -Daniel
21