From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: go-live.eclass for handling go live ebuilds
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 01:22:34
1 On 05 Jun 2015 09:34, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 12:54:45AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On 04 Jun 2015 14:10, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > > > # @MAINTAINER:
5 > > > # William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
6 > > > # @BLURB: Eclass for fetching and unpacking go repositories.
8 > > > # This eclass is written to ease the maintenance of live ebuilds
9 > > > # of software written in the Go programming language.
10 > >
11 > > this should note the ebuild is responsible for depending on the right vcs
12 > > packages. e.g. if you use git, then you need to depend on git.
13 >
14 > Since "go get" fetches $EGO_PN and its dependencies, there is no way an
15 > ebuild author could get this right without reading all of the import
16 > statements in the source for their package and all of its dependencies.
17 > I don't really want to ask ebuild authors to keep up with all of that.
18
19 i'm aware. my point is that with some sites, you know they're going to be using
20 *at least* one vcs. if they're pointing to github, that will be git. if the
21 project ends up only pulling from git, then you've automatically made it work
22 for them.
23
24 if they need additional vcs's, then they can simply depend on it directly. we
25 don't need to be perfect here, and if we can cover the majority of cases, i
26 think it's worth the effort.
27
28 > > > if [[ ${EVCS_OFFLINE} ]]; then
29 > > > export GOPATH="${S}:${GOPATH}"
30 > >
31 > > what if GOPATH isn't set ? should this always be appending a colon ?
32 >
33 > I thought it would always be set at this point because it was initially
34 > set to ${EGO_STORE_DIR} in the env_setup function. What I can do, if it
35 > makes things more clear, is to replace the value of GOPATH instead of
36 > prepending it.
37
38 you're right, i forgot about that line. it should be fine. it'll clobber
39 GOPATH that the user has, but we probably want that anyways right ?
40 -mike