From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFD: split out some functions from eutils.eclass?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 07:51:30
1 >>>>> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2
3 > Maybe the eclass should now set PROPERTIES=interactive?
4
5 Good idea.
6
7 >> for f in "$@" ; do
8 >> ((++cdcnt))
9 >> export CDROM_CHECK_${cdcnt}="$f"
10 >> done
11 >> export CDROM_TOTAL_CDS=${cdcnt}
12 >> export CDROM_CURRENT_CD=1
13
14 > Why are you exporting all that? I don't think that should be
15 > necessary unless you subshell somewhere.
16
17 Indeed, looks like these exports could be removed.
18
19 > CDROM_CHECK=( "${@}" )
20 > CDROM_TOTAL_CDS=${#} # (or ${#CDROM_CHECK[@]})
21
22 > And then you can just refer to ${CDROM_CHECK[$i]} rather than using
23 > all those ugly ${!...}.
24
25 I'm reluctant to make such intrusive changes. Maybe the code isn't
26 elegant, but it's been in production use for years. So I'd rather not
27 risk any breakage.
28
29 >> einfo "Found CD #${CDROM_CURRENT_CD} root at ${CDROM_ROOT}"
30
31 > #1. You are using 1 in variable calls, I don't see a reason to use
32 > longer ${CDROM_CURRENT_CD} in this one output case.
33
34 That's just a stylistic change with no functional difference.
35
36 > More when I get replies on these ones.
37
38 Maybe really vapier should answer your questions. These functions are
39 his code, I'm just splitting them out from eutils.
40
41 Ulrich