From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: modifications to GLEP42
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 09:17:06
1 On Sat, 05 May 2007 14:26:48 -0700
2 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > All-
8 >
9 > After some discussion on #-dev there are some improvements that we can
10 > make on glep 42.
11 >
12 > 1. Priority levels for news items: If we did this users could decide
13 > what levels of importance to filter out.
14 >
15 > 2. Standards for news items: Based on the paludis news item thread,
16 > it's clear we need some standards for what we release as news. If
17 > combined with #1 we can set different standards and give the users
18 > some more choice on what they accept and what we publish.
19
20 0.) Reevaluate/refine the goal that glep 42 is supposed to achieve. As
21 the previous discussion has shown there are different interpretations
22 about that.
23
24 Marius
29 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
30 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.