From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] License groups in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 09:40:23
Long standing problem: Some of our most used license tags like "GPL-2"
are ambiguous, denoting either GPL-2 only or GPL-2 or later.

One solution would be license groups in ebuilds, which could be added
to EAPI 5 [1]. Disadvantage would be that they cannot be used in
previous EAPIs.

Alternatively, we could create separate license files like GPL-2+, as
suggested in [2], especially since the "plus" versions now have their
own entry in the SPDX license list [3]. Are there any other licenses
besides *GPL and FDL that would require such a file?

What do you think?

[1] <>
[2] <>
[3] <>