From: Bart Braem <bart.braem@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:54:48
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2
3 >> KDE 3.5.2: 1.5 months (I know our devs get prereleases, so we had this
4 >> time)
5 >
6 > Still open issues, some upstream, some Gentoo related. Also the KDE team
7 > lost members the last months and is unfortunately not that active since a
8 > while. All the whining leaves me with the feeling that I'm less interested
9 > to work for you. The question "What can I do?" I do never hear. Stop
10 > whining, but decide to help or give another distro a try. These are your
11 > choices.
12 >
13 (As I mentioned in another post, I did ask for a metabug to help.)
14 I have other OSS I work on. The "what can I do" question is not relevant
15 here because I simply can not make the commitment. I posted this questions
16 as a user, not all users have the time.
17 And I'll try to repeat: I'm not whining, I'm just asking for a reason. I did
18 not know that some developpers left recently and now I understand the
19 situation. I did not know Gentoo had those problems.
20
21 So my suggestions:
22 - Document the use of ~arch better. It seems to me that the arch tree is
23 more stable now and that the idea of ~arch which was very broken years ago
24 is now more stable. (I'm a user since 1.4rc3)
25 - Open more metabugs that document the requirements of stabilization for the
26 largest packages. Report about that policy to all users and actively ask
27 them to cooperate there.
28
29 Bart
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list