From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rm tragedies: was how to clean the "/tmp" dir
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:07:59
1 On 05/30/04 Eamon Caddigan wrote:
2
3 > I do value the opinion of the folks here on -dev: I'd love to hear
4 > feedback on my idea, but I'd rather not rehash old arguments with
5 > which I mostly agree! I'm not advocating any changes to the default
6 > behavior of 'rm'. Indeed, the solution I proposed -- while not perfect
7 > -- does preserve full backward-compatability. Please read it, and let
8 > me know what you think.
9
10 Better propose it to the coreutils developers, this should either be
11 added upstream or left alone.
12
13 Marius
18 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
19 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.