From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, "Nielsen, David" <Lovechild@××××××××.com>
Cc: "Swanson, Erik" <gentoo-janitor@××××××××××××.name>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project -- Any formalities to joining it?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:19:41
>Formalities... well, as soon as you have submitted an ebuild to the >forum for review you are basically a member, although worshipping of and >giving of young blondes to the grand leader (me) is the norm... okay, >I'm pushing it.. I know.
>But seriously all that's required to join is signing up for the forum >and submitting at least one ebuild.
submitting an ebuild to what? whats going one? i don't think any developer knows whats going on here, are you planning on fixing ebuilds and maintaining your own tree or submitting them via bugs or what?
>Of course I would recommend that you read the guidelines and the >introduction on the board, and check if the ebuild has been marked OK or >has already been processed.
have you talk to any developer about this? don't you think you should? I don't see what you are trying to accomplish (i know to clean up ebuilds) but i don't see how you are helping by maintaining some outside 'fixed' ebuild repository.. I think you should contact a developer to talk about what you are doing and how to handle this from a QA standpoint.
>- David > >On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 19:54, Erik Swanson wrote: >> Hello, >> >> Are there any formalities to joining the Ebuild Janitor Project or >> should I just start going to work on ebuilds I have a personal beef with >> and posting the results on the forum? >
Joshua Brindle -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project -- Any formalities to joining it? David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com>