From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: sys-devel/gcc::mgorny up for testing
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 03:25:14
1 Il 09/12/2014 15:26, Martin Vaeth ha scritto:
2 > vivo75@×××××.com <vivo75@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> - The project only has 20 commit, last one 8 months ago
4 >> https://github.com/m-click/mcpdf.git
5 > The "project" is just a few lines anyway: merely a wrapper to the library.
6 > All the work happens in the itext library which AFAIK is the same project
7 > (in different versions) for pdftk as for mcpdf.
8 > Of course, the new library version might contain new bugs,
9 > as your example seems to suggest (did pdftk work with this example?)
10 my example work daily in a box with very few updated and some builds at
11 least 2 years old, and it's the simplest one.
12 yet it's working well from a lot of time.
13
14 pdftk is NOT only a wrapper to itext (a 9 years old version [2]) it also
15 include a java library for crypto and it's own management in c++ files.
16 now, without counting the java crypto lib the c++ files weight around
17 8k LOC [3]
18
19 itext may have been evolved, but calling a 90 LOC java program a "drop
20 in" replacement for pdftk seem adventurous ...
21 for comparison `pdftk --help` output is 556 lines of text.
22
23 so we can conclude that the "project" is NOT what it claims to be and a
24 replacement (even using modern itext with licensing problems) will
25 weight at least at least 556 lines?
29 >> find /g/portage/ -name '*.ebuild' -exec egrep 'sys-devel/gcc.*gcj' {} +
30 > Searching also through all layman (remote) overlays with
31 >
32 > $ eix -#Rry 'sys-devel/gcc[^ ]*gcj'
33 >
34 > I found besides the mentioned
35 >
36 > app-text/pdftk
37 > dev-java/ecj-gcj
38 > dev-java/gcj-jdk
39 >
40 > one further dependency:
41 >
42 > $ eix -Rvle imule
43 > net-p2p/imule [1]
44 > [...] irouter? ( sys-devel/gcc[gcj] ) [...]
45 > P2P sharing software which connects through I2P and Kad network [...]
46 > [1] "zugaina" layman/zugaina
47 [2]
48 http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextpdf/files/itext-paulo/itext-paulo-155/
49 [3] $ LC_ALL=C wc -l *cc