From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improve the security of the default profile
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 18:49:03
1 onsdag 11 september 2013 04.49.55 skrev Duncan:
2 ....
3 > (Tho jer points out that the parisc arch, among others, won't work with
4 > that flag at all, and warns to that effect. So I guess the patch will
5 > etiher be ifdeffed not to apply on such archs or will be conditionally
6 > applied in the first place. The former is I believe preferred as
7 > conditional patching is considered subpar.)
8 >
9 We only enable -fstack-protector* if the arch is set in SSP_STABLE or
10 SSP_UCLIBC_STABLE in the ebuild. For uclibc and ssp it need to be newer then
11 .32 and have nptl enable.
12 /Magnus