From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: RFC --- Thoughts on devrel bug content
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:11:33
1 Ferris McCormick posted
2 <1137074383.24477.54.camel@××××××××××××××××××.com>, excerpted below, on
3 Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:59:43 +0000:
4
5 > This list is not necessarily complete, nor is everything on the list
6 > necessarily appropriate for reporting to devrel. But it should give some
7 > idea of the sorts of things that are helpful for briefly explaining why
8 > devrel has jurisdiction and to give a clue how the reporter wants the bug
9 > to be processed.
10
11 Thanks. That list at least provides a decent set of examples. When I
12 read "jurisdiction", I thought the usual US/legal sense, as in courts
13 ruling whether they have jurisdiction over a case or not, and my mind was
14 boggling... I couldn't quite figure out how to boil such a concept down
15 into the itemized list you were describing. The examples definitely help
16 me get my mind around the concept you intended!
17
18 I'd suggest putting at least one or two examples in whatever bug template
19 or HOWTO might result from this, if the thing isn't made an itemized list
20 as you suggested, anyway.
21
22 I know I had a /terrible/ time figuring out Gentoo's bug system for
23 regular bugs, and can easily envision myself having the same issues trying
24 to fit square pegs into crescent-moon-shaped <g> holes here, so some
25 sort of guide is SURE to prove beneficial.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
31 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list