From: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:17:58
1 Yannick Koehler wrote:
2 >
3 > Guys,
4 >
5 > not sure for anyone else but is init.d really need to be protected?
6 > I mean does someone really change files in that directory (other than
7 > adding or removing)?
8 >
9 > That dir should always get merged. It would also get really nice of
10 > the portage could detect that no changes has been made to the file since
11 > its installation and therefore merge it without any issues.
12 >
13 > Like if the protected config file's time were saved in a temp files
14 > that portage would look into before merging to see if the date has or
15 > not change since the last install.
16 >
17 > Yannick Koehler
20 > gentoo-dev mailing list