From: Stuart Bouyer <stuart@××××××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vile and more
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:07:49
1 On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 02:55, Jan Wells wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > You're using grub. Here, multi-boot is achieved via System Commander,
4 > with lilo residing under /boot on the second of my two SCSI drives. The
5 > arrangement causes grief with kernel updates. Or in my hands, it does.
6 > How would gentoo react to being installed on the second drive, I
7 > wonder? grub would need to be installed on the first partion of the
8 > first drive (along with three DOSs plus NT)? I've become attached to my
9 > familiar System Commander, but maybe you would advise getting rid of it
10 > in favor of grub.
11 Gentoo works fine on a second drive, actually third drive here. I
12 multiboot with xosl (http://www.xosl.org) and grub for linux, make
13 kernel updates a breeze compared with Lilo
16 > Well, mostly I wish to register a Bravo! for including vile.
17 >
18 > By the way, I'd not be able to anything with gentoo before a CD was
19 > available for purchase. No CD burner here, and I use a modem for
20 > Internet access.
21 >
22 > Best wishes,
23 > Mr. Jan Wells.