From: Zach Forrest <diatribe@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:19:07
1 Thanks.
2
3 Geert Bevin wrote:
4
5 > Just untar the archive and install with 'ebuild sandbox-0.2.1.ebuild
6 > merge'. This should work. To be completely protected also install the
7 > dynamic bash in a similar way 'ebuild dynbash-2.04.ebuild merge'. Note
8 > that there is a small risk to installing a dynamic bash : updating glibc
9 > afterwards crashes your machine, and updating ncurses and readline
10 > segfaults the running bashes. The static bash is however not removed but
11 > accessible as /bin/sbash. Unmerging the dynbash also puts the default
12 > static bash pack into its place, so you can always revert.
13 >
14 > Zach Forrest wrote:
15 >
16 >> I was wanting to give the new sandbox a try, but I'm not sure how to
17 >> get around package.mask. Does setting MAINTAINER=YES in make.conf have
18 >> anything to do with this? What are the policies on getting CVS access?
19 >>
20 >> Zach
26 > gentoo-dev mailing list
27 > gentoo-dev@g.o