From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:10:35
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:57:55 +0200
3 Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o> wrote:
7 > > lanius, Svyatogor, correct me if I'm wrong or oversimplifying things
8 > > here?
9 >
10 > That how it works.
11 >
12 > Additionally there is a .menu file (which the user can customize)
13 > describing how to arrange the submenus (take a look at gentoo.menu in
14 > cvs).
15 >
16 > The only complex thing is that every ebuild that want to support it
17 > needs to be changed.
21 Actually to those here who think this is "too complex" I would like to
22 point that this does
23 a: follow a specified standard
24 b: provide the necessary flexibility and modularity
25 c: integrate with small changes to our ebuildtree.
28 consider that we don't have to provide massive fileupdates, global lists
29 coherent with our tree, but each capable and installed package requires
30 a small change that goes back and forwards with versions without
31 overhead for versionbumps.
32
33 //Spider
37 begin .signature
38 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
40 end