From: Grant Goodyear <goodyea@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ssmtp forced?
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:07:46
1 > DEVELOPERS: It would be nice if /etc/make.profile/virtuals has either a
2 > system where people could + / - exceptions to it, similar to how
3 > /etc/make.conf and the USE line works now. As it is, everytime I do a
4 > emerge --clean rynsc I have to edit /etc/make.profile/packages to make
5 > my changes and /etc/make.profile/virtuals
6 >
7 > Granted I could sever the symbolic link from /etc/make.profile to the
8 > directory in /usr/portage/profiles/<dir>, but then I wouldn't get
9 > updates that apply to it. Just something to think about.
10
11 I think that bug is fixed in the new, but unstable, version of Portage.
12 I actually thought it was fixed in the stable version, but if not
13 would you please report a bug?
14
15 Thanks!
16 -g2boojum-