From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:41:59
1 Joshua Brindle wrote:
2
3 > the number after the year designates the quarter, starting at .0 for the
4 > first quarter, .1 for the second and so on. by definition that gives 4
5 > releases per year
6
7 It's starting to look like we'll pull 5 off this year to me. I.e.:
8
9 Feb 2004 - 2004.0
10 Apr 2004 - 2004.1
11 Jul 2004 - 2004.2
12 ~Oct 2004 - 2004.3
13 ~Dec 2004 - 2004.4
14 ~Feb 2005 - 2005.0
17 I dunno, maybe instead of a July target for 2004.2, we can aim for late
18 August. Gives several months to get some new features integrated and
19 tested. While I forsee emerge --security getting integrated beforehand,
20 testing wil another thing, because the best test of a fewture like that
21 is after several live GLSA's go out.
22
23 I'd also like the whole summer to play around with some new mips stuff,
24 i.e., liveCDs (SGI's are a PITA to make a bootable CD for, no iso9660).
25 I didn't have alot of time during 2004.0 and 2004.1 because I was
26 usually messing with class stuff (although I more or less shoved that
27 off to the side during April for no reason).
28
29 Assume a late Aug date
30
31 Feb 2004 - 2004.0
32 Apr 2004 - 2004.1
33 Aug 2004 - 2004.2
34 Nov 2004 - 2004.3
35 ~Jan 2005 - 2005.0
38 $0.02, ¥2.21
39
40 --Kumba
43 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
44 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
45 elsewhere." --Elrond
48 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list