From: yac <yac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Official way to do rolling update (Was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Releng breakage with respect to move from dev-python/python-exec to dev-lang/python-exec)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 04:16:09
1 On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:02:31 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 [snip]
5 > >
6 > > Afaik there is no official way to update gentoo, is there?
7 >
8 > It's always been "emerge -avuND world"
9 [snip]
10
11 Is this documented annywhere? I have a hard time finding it. I can see
12 it mentioned eg. in man emerge in -c option but that's not good enough.
13
14 Even if it is documented, I think it would be very helpfull to have
15 such a way implemented as "kind of option" to emerge like `emerge
16 --standard-ugrade` that would just alias to -uaNDv or possibly leverage
17 sets like `emerge @upgrade`
20 Jan Matějka | Gentoo Developer
21 https://gentoo.org | Gentoo Linux
22 GPG: A33E F5BC A9F6 DAFD 2021 6FB6 3EBF D45B EEB6 CA8B