From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for May 7
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 22:15:46
1 This is your friendly reminder! Same bat time (typically the 2nd & 4th
2 Thursdays at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel (#gentoo-council @
3 irc.freenode.net) !
4
5 If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even vote
6 on, let us know! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole Gentoo dev
7 list to see.
8
9 For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
10 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
11
12 Following is the preliminary meeting agenda. It consists of two EAPI-3
13 related topics as well as two almost rusty topics where we should
14 finally make a decision to be able to move on.
17 EAPI 3: Short discussion of the progress
18 ----------------------------------------
19
20 zmedico will provide an update on the progress of the implementation.
21 Short discussion of problems and implementation decisions if needed.
24 EAPI 3: PMS approval
25 --------------------
26
27 Goal: Approve EAPI-3 extension of the PMS. Any open questions should be
28 on the mailing list before the meeting.
31 GLEP 54: Dealing with live SCM packages
32 ---------------------------------------
33
34 Goal: Since no consensus is reached or progress has been made voting
35 seems appropriate.
38 Handling EAPI versioning in a forwards-compatible way
39 -----------------------------------------------------
40
41 Goal: Since no consensus is reached vote on the implementation for the
42 problem solved in GLEP 55.
45 Handling static libraries more flexibly
46 ---------------------------------------
47
48 Goal: Decision-making by consensus.
49 Should we move forward with USE=static-libs to control
50 building of static libraries? Should/Must this be an EAPI feature?
53 Define EAPI development/deployment cycles
54 -----------------------------------------
55
56 Goal: Start discussion about EAPI development/deployment. For example:
57 Collect problems of eapi introductions in the past, like reverting
58 ebuilds to former eapis to get them stable, not waiting for the pm
59 support a certain eapi before requesting stable keywords for ebuilds
60 using the new eapi, .... Collect problems of EAPI development like
61 feature-freeze, late feature removals (due to implementation problems).
62 Eventually develop a lightweight EAPI development model.
65 Cheers,
66 Tiziano
69 Tiziano Müller
70 Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
71 Areas of responsibility:
72 Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin, GLEP Editor
73 E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o
74 GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30