From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: vapier@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] masking glibc-2.3.2-r3
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:28:27
1 On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 07:13, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > anyone have any qualms with me changing the masking on glibc-2.3.2-r3 from
3 > KEYWORDS="-*" to package.mask ?
4 > ive been using it for quite sometime and was just about to update to NPTL-0.57
5 > (released like 2 days ago) when i realized i still inject the latest unstable
6 > version of glibc so that my glibc's dont get screwed up ... i prefer to put
7 > masked stuff in package.mask and then unmask in package.unmask ...
8 > -mike
9
10 For core stuff, I especially recommend *not* using package.mask and
11 using KEYWORDS="-*" instead. Otherwise weird things can happen in
12 relation to the x86 and selinux profiles. package.mask doesn't work well
13 for profiles that share the same masking keyword, particularly when you
14 get around to removing the entry in package.mask.
15
16 Best Regards,
17
18 Daniel