From: Marcel Schilling <marcel.schilling@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] non conflicting libressl?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:34:16
1 Hey Jason,
4 I'd be surprised if anyone felt like having too much time at there hands to
5 pick this up but I come from the other side (I use libressl and sometimes
6 run into packages expecting openssl).
7 One thing I was wondering is if there is something like slot support for
8 virtuals that would allow most packages depending on any slot but others
9 on a specific slot.
10
11 Personally I don't have the knowledge to tackle a problem like this and
12 rather keep on patching openssl-only ebuilds to work with libressl or miss
13 out on packages/updates until somebody else get's to solving this.
16 Best,
17
18 Marcel