From: Matthew Walker <mwalker@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Weird system time issue
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:35:10
1 If you figure it out, I'd love to know. My system is also losing time,
2 though mine seems pretty much continuous. Loses at least 30 minutes a day,
3 sometimes as much as an hour or two.
4
5 Ken Nowack said:
6 >
7 > --- Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
8 >> I saw a post about the jiffies setting in the latest
9 >> kernel causing time
10 >> problems - try experimenting with that.
11 >
12 > I messed with the jiffies last night. On a suggestion
13 > from drobbins I set it to 100 instead of 1000.
14 >
15 > I'm still loosing time when I'm sitting at the gdm
16 > login screen.
17 >
18 > I'm going to leave myself logged in today and see if
19 > that has any effect.
20 >
21 > Running out of ideas here :/
22 >
23 > Ken
24 >
26 > Do You Yahoo!?
27 > Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes
28 > http://autos.yahoo.com
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o