From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: sys-pam category
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:44:56
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2
3 >Currently pam stuff (implementations, modules) are organized in the worst way
4 >I ever seen.
5 >Most of them are in sys-libs, some of them in app-admin, other in app-crypt,
6 >pam_smb in net-misc and so on.
7 >
8 >I think we should reorganize them and have a sys-pam category with
9 >implementations (Linux-PAM and OpenPAM) and the modules needed.
10 >
11 >Such a change would require a lot of work and we can't count on epkgmove I
12 >think, but if someone is going to help me or at least tell me how to do such
13 >a change without breaking everything (always if such a change is accepted,
14 >obv.)..
15 >
16 >Comments?
19 here is how I do package moves:
20 - first I search all tree to see which packages depends on the package I
21 wanna move
22 - copy src -> dst and erase CVS dirs from dst
23 - cvs add dst dst/files
24 - cvs add all_files
25 - search and replace the old name with the new name (usually you should
26 edit only the first line of the ChangeLog)
27 - add a comment in ChangeLog
28 - repoman commit dst
29 - put a record in /profiles/updates/?Q-200?
30 - cvs delete all_files_from src
31 - cvs commit src
32 - replace & repoman commit dependencies found at first step
33
34 it is a laborious work, but it could be done.
35 too bad we don't use subversion :(