From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:30:16
1 On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 18:24:58 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:38:20 +0100 "Ioannis Aslanidis"
4 > <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Ciaran, honestly and without any offense intention, what would be your
6 > > answers to the questions you formulated? If you ask all that, assuming
7 > > it's all rethoric, what is your opinion?
8 >
9 > My opinion is that screwing over users is outright irresponsible, and
10 > that trying to make people unpersons has no good consequences.
11 >
12 > This whole rushed response to a tabloid article is scarily like the
13 > Patriot act. How badly are users going to have to suffer before Gentoo
14 > accepts what its real problems are?
15
16 I quite agree with the Patriot act comparison, and I would be interested
17 to know what you think our real problems are.
18
19 /Alexandre
20 --
21 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.