From: Antonio M D'souza <adsouza@××××××××××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc 3.0
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 07:04:03
1 Actually, you will need to completely switch emerge profiles to the new
2 gcc3 profile and then rebuild the world.
3 This is because C++ stuff built with gcc3 is not binary compatible with
4 the stuff compiled by gcc2.95
5 And, since there isn't a way to distinguish between C++ and C in the
6 portage system, you have to play it safe by rebuilding it all.
7 emerge -e world
8 should do the trick, methinks.
9