From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IUSE and LINGUAS?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:40:55
1 On Monday 30 January 2006 11:15, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Monday 30 January 2006 06:17, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 > > Defining LINGUAS variable would be useful to allow people to know whether
4 > > they are going to have special support for their language in a package,
5 > > but it would also clutter the output quite a bit.
6 >
7 > Okay then.. I'm still looking locally how it appears, and I'm thinking it's
8 > really useful to have LINGUAS told in emerge -pv and -av.
9
10 it makes a the -pv output unreadable and thus useless ... although if you do
11 something like -pvv, then the user can expect to get a lot of output ...
12
13 of course this still doesnt address the pita maintenance issue
14
15 > If somebody has a list of those variables, I would add them, it seems to me
16 > the most sensible way to do that, it would add documentation allowing
17 > people to know what they are going to do. Also, as use.desc is
18 > alphabetically sorted, all the linguas_* variables will stay together.
19
20 no, we have lang.desc already, dont clutter use.desc with this crap
21 -mike
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list