From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC6 Boot ISO reports + aic7xxx problem solved!
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:50:55
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 07:32:12PM -0700, scott worley wrote:
4 >
5 >>>There's no /dev/discs/ directory?
6 >>>
7 >>Daniel,
8 >>
9 >>After loading scsi_mod and aic7xxx, I checked dmesg and all scsi devices
10 >>were found.
11 >>
12 >>There is no entry for /dev/discs and all the
13 >>/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/targetX/lun0's are empty.
14 >>
15 >>I put a modules.conf and modules.devfs into the rescue /etc dir and
16 >>restarted devfsd. Didn't work. Of course, I was guessing.
19 >I really don't think that this is a problem with devfs; more likely it is
20 >a problem with the aic7xxx module, whose responsibility it is to actually
21 >register the devices with devfs. Try:
22 >
23 >cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0 and make sure that the driver sees all your targets.
24 >
25 >cat /proc/scsi/scsi and make sure that your targets show up here too.
26 >
27 >Best Regards,
28 >
29 Daniel,
30
31 My stupidity! Must load sd_mod.o to get scsi disk support. Everything
32 works when I insmod in this order:
33
34 scsi_mod, the scsi core
35 sd_mod, scsi HD support
36 sr_mod, scsi CD support
37 aic7xxx, adapter driver
40 Must remember to check modules.dep for dependencies when manually
44 scott