From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning tree of outdated packages
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:44:30
1 El jue, 13-12-2012 a las 12:31 -0600, Jory A. Pratt escribió:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > As many of us are aware the tree is growing to a size that is really
6 > unacceptable for many. We have many packages that have excessive amounts
7 > of versions laying around that are not used any more. Many of these
8 > packages with excessive revisions most likely do not work with modern
9 > code any longer, or have security exploits or just dead upstreams that
10 > do not support them any longer that have been replaced with newer
11 > packages. Well these packages are around for stable at the moment when a
12 > newer package replaces the old and makes stable branch we need to remove
13 > the dead package. This is nothing but an attempt to start reducing the
14 > size of the tree and supported packages as a whole to improve the
15 > quality of Gentoo as a WHOLE. All packages of course need to be handled
16 > in a manner that works with maintainers/herd and the community as a whole.
17 >
18 > Jory
19
20 I think Ago had a script for doing that task... but each team/herd will
21 need to give him permission for cleaning old versions I think ;)