From: Andrew LeCody <aceat64@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer For Gento
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:13:50
1 It doesn't seem to me that coding a graphical installer would be to terribly
2 hard. It's just that any graphical installer won't be able to allow the user
3 the same flexibility of console install, but frankly most people that want
4 the flexibility don't have problems with command prompt.
5
6 Although I have heard some good ideas like displaying the documention on the
7 same screen as the console, i.e. top half install guide, bottom half console.
8 That would seem easier, and also helpful to a great many people. Maybe when
9 school lets out I'll work on something, unless someone beats me to it.