From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New global USE flag: gtk-doc
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 09:15:44
1 Ühel kenal päeval, P, 26.08.2018 kell 01:08, kirjutas David Haller:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Fri, 24 Aug 2018, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
5 > [..]
6 > > Suggested description for global gtk-doc USE:
7 > > Build and install gtk-doc based developer documentation
8 >
9 > Mentioning gtk-doc, what about:
10 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/646850
11 >
12 > Ready-made patch since 2018-02-07, and then what?
13
14 This is not relevant to this thread. I was not able to track all
15 bugzilla things at that time, and this looks to be a problem with local
16 usage of gtk-doc, not for out of the box packages without EXTRA_ECONF
17 (I'm not aware of packages using gtkdoc-mkpdf for PDFs - they are all
18 doing just HTML, as the default configure argument for PDF docs is to
19 disable them). I suspect this particular case just could use a gtk-doc
20 package bump for upstream, but that involves an upstream rewrite
21 towards python iirc, and I haven't exactly rushed with bumping that,
22 because the old version works and there are more important bumps to
23 work on (nothing has required the newer gtk-doc).
24
25 I'm sorry that some bugs fall through the cracks, but I don't mind
26 pings on bugs (especially those that have concrete fixes waiting), or
27 pings on IRC or private mail about them. Not this particular thread
28 though.
29 There are many other bugs to catch up on, but currently my focus has
30 been to bring GNOME 3.26 and 3.28 to our users finally. This thread is
31 a side-product of that.
34 Mart