From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: /etc/hostname on gentoo
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:19:14
1 On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Gentoo, this file does not exist, so I'm wondering how we can make it
3 > exist?
4
5 Not sure if/how related, but when I have:
6
7 djc@enrai ~ $ cat /etc/conf.d/hostname
8 # Set to the hostname of this machine
9 hostname="enrai"
10
11 Apache 2 tells me:
12
13 AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
14 qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive
15 globally to suppress this message [ ok ]
16
17 I've set dns_domain and dns_search in /etc/conf.d/net, and domain is
18 set in /etc/resolv.conf.
19
20 The Handbook also has a non-fully-qualified hostname set in
21 /etc/conf.d/hostname, and I didn't get this Apache warning on the
22 previous server I ran this stuff on.
23
24 Cheers,
25