From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag for inet/daemon build ?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:15:41
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:18:00 +0000
3 Meir Kriheli <mksoft@g.o> wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > I'm working on a SuperServer build for dev-db/firebird. SuperServer is
11 > the standalone daemon, while Classic (current build method) is the
12 > inet one.
13 >
14 > Is there some USE flag which sets inet or daemon behavior ? euse -i
15 > lists none.
16
17 At one time I think we had an xinetd USE flag, but I'm not sure what
18 happened to that....
19
20 it would be nifty feature for builds to tag that as on/off and if on,
21 at least install a working xinetd.d/<foo> service.
22
23 This adds for more "out of the box" "things work" feeling
24
25 //Spider
28 begin .signature
29 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
31 end