From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.5 improvements list
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:28:51
1 Hiya,
2
3 I just committed yet another bug fix to Portage 1.5_pre1.
4
5 So far, I have the following features to add for 1.5_final:
6
7 1. Don't use the "rev" in the package database. Packages with the same
8 version, but different "rev" overwrite each other. Record revision in
9 a REVISION file in /var/db/pkg.
10
11 Possibly:
12
13 Only allow one version of a package installed at a time.
14 Override with a DIFFVERSION= setting in the ebuild:
15
16 DIFFVERSION="major" means "allow the same package with differing major
17 versions to be installed"
18
19 DIFFVERSION="minor" would allow foo-1.2 and foo-1.3 to be installed at
20 the same time, but not foo-1.2 and foo-1.2.1
21
22 Comments welcome.
25 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
26 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org