From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Shall we create a ballot for PROPERTIES value definition proposals?
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:07:32
1 On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 04:03:02 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > Given the vast number of possible choices to consider when defining
4 > new PROPERTIES values [1], perhaps we should create a ballot and
5 > hold a vote on definitions that people have submitted. I suppose
6 > that voters would be able to vote yes or no on each proposed
7 > property definition and they would also be able to write in one or
8 > more alternative names for the definition. I don't know what the
9 > best method(s) to carry out a vote like this would be. Does anybody
10 > have any suggestions?
11
12 What's wrong with just discussing it until we agree? Why do you think a
13 compromise is necessary?
16 Ciaran McCreesh