From: Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: gnustep-base.eclass
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:57:09
1 Le Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:08:17 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> a écrit:
3
4 > On 17:31 Fri 05 Oct , Ryan Hill wrote:
5 > > If there aren't any variables that you actually need expanded in the
6 > > script (i didn't see any but could have easily missed it), just escape
7 > > the termination marker, ie.
8 > >
9 > > cat << \EOF > "${T}"/${cfile}
10 > >
11 > > or
12 > > cat << 'EOF' > "${T}"/${cfile}
13 > >
14 > > This turns off parameter and arithmetic expansion and command
15 > > substitution.
16 >
17 > That is so cool. Just another reason I love this reviewing.
18
19 Yes, thanks for the suggestion, this looks perfect!
20
21 These lines originally had some ${GNUSTEP_...} variables in them, which
22 required expansion in the ebuild, hence the backquotes forest...
23
24 Now, however the only one here is ${P}, which will probably be left
25 alone in its own echo command. I'll look into that soon.
26
27 By the way, even if this probably won't be need in that case, what's
28 the policy on adding files for eclasses, as uberlord suggested? The
29 only subfolder in eclasses/ for now is ELT-patches, but maybe because
30 for now no eclass needed that feature
33 Bernard Cafarelli (Voyageur)
34 NX and GNUstep Gentoo developer
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list