From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Find apps not ported to modular X
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:55:54
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I hacked together a script this afternoon to find any packages that are
3 > not yet ported to modular X. It will only work on systems _with modular
4 > X installed_. This is because it works by using emerge to check for
5 > blockers, then resolving those blockers down to a single package.
6 >
7 > Try it out and let me know how it works. If you want to watch it at work
8 > and have confidence that it didn't freeze or anything, add "set -o
9 > xtrace" up near the top. For my Athlon 2000+, it takes about 1.5 minutes
10 > to track down 2 packages in my 650-package world file.
11 >
12 > If you find bugs, please report them with a patch attached. If you can't
13 > come up with a patch, definitely include your world file so others can
14 > try to reproduce.
15
16 My current script seems to miss some things. The reason this happens is
17 that the group of applications they're emerged in also contains some app
18 that breaks the emerge, perhaps because it's in package.mask or isn't
19 keyworded at least ~x86. Broken emerges don't get far enough to produce
20 blocking output, so it's falsely assumed to be a success for that group.
21
22 marienz suggested an idea for error handling last night, and I'll work
23 to figure something out.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie