From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:50:36
1 On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:05:21 -0400 Nathaniel McCallum
2 <npmccallum@g.o> wrote:
3 | I need as many people as possible to test (for the Gentoo installer
4 | project) the following python script on your system:
5 | http://dev.gentoo.org/~npmccallum/detect_devices.py This is especially
6 | important if you have scsi, hardware raid, or otherwise funky setups.
7
8 ciaranm@evildrop ciaranm 0 2.81 $ python detect_devices.py
9 Below is the list of your partitionable devices. If this list is
10 missing any devices or has extra devices, please email me a copy
11 of the output of this and of 'cat /proc/partitions' to my address
12 npmccallum@g.o, thanks!
13
14 Your devices are detected as:
15
16 Hm. I think it hates me. No, that's not an nfsroot box...
17
18 ciaranm@evildrop ciaranm 0 2.09 $ cat /proc/partitions
19 major minor #blocks name
20
21 8 0 8844633 sda
22 8 1 499712 sda1
23 8 2 1999872 sda2
24 8 3 8842240 sda3
25 8 4 1000448 sda4
26 8 5 5342208 sda5
27 8 16 4192560 sdb
28 8 17 4176599 sdb1
29 8 32 4192560 sdc
30 8 33 4176599 sdc1
31 8 48 4192560 sdd
32 8 49 4176599 sdd1
33 8 64 4192560 sde
34 8 65 4176599 sde1
35 8 80 4192560 sdf
36 8 81 4176599 sdf1
37 8 96 4192560 sdg
38 8 97 4176599 sdg1
39 8 112 4192560 sdh
40 8 113 4176599 sdh1
41 8 128 4192560 sdi
42 8 129 4176599 sdi1
43 254 0 33390592 dm-0
46 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
47 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
48 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm