From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywordreqs and slacking arch teams
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:43:08
1 On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:35:49 +0000
2 Michael 'veremitz' Everitt <gentoo@×××××××.xyz> wrote:
3
4 > Note:  we're nnot acttually talking about replacing portage here, just
5 > creating a tool ((((thiink php script web tthingy)) that will do some of
6 > the pre-screeninng worrrrk that AT hate (eg.... what kensiington did  with
7 > stable-bbot)
8 >
9 > * with apologies for keyboard/remote-access lagggg creating typo hell.
10
11 But, doing that requires viewing realised copies of ebuilds, which
12 requires interpreting eclasses and variable interpolation, which
13 requires bash sourcing, which requires a mountain of portage hell.
14
15 Yes, sharing the stable-bot logic would probably be fine.
16
17 But it doesn't use a database AFAIK, it would likely just be making use
18 of the MD5Cache (either directly, or indirectly via portage APIs)
19
20 But I won't be volunteering, because I won't touch python.