From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Non-free software in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:01:39
1 В Пнд, 28/12/2009 в 18:41 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan пишет:
2 > I think we can simply follow debian and fedora's lead on this. They
3 > have the lawyers, and
4
5 Well, it's possible but not that simple. To do this it's not enough to
6 compare packages, but files and patches should be compared as well (and
7 reasons why files were dropped investigated) E.g. debian dropped rfc
8 files from the packages because license is not free:
9 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=393400 while we'll have
10 to update our LICENSE. So, it's possible but not that easy as just
11 follow debian or fedora.
14 Peter.