From: Joseph Pingenot <trelane@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new infrastructure dev
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:06:00
1 >From Andrew Gaffney on Thursday, 16 October, 2003:
2 >Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 >>Folks --
4 >>Please join me in welcoming Lance Albertson (ramereth) to the team. Lance
5 >>will be helping out with various system administration tasks, including
6 >>rolling out nagios to our servers.
7 >>Lance lives in Hiawatha, KS, the City of Beautiful Maples and home of the
8 >>oldest Halloween Parade in the US. We are still searching for the City of
9 >>Ugly Maples. Rumor places it in or around the Los Angeles metro area. Of
10 >>course, the City of Tasty Maples is Winston-Salem, North Carolina, but who
11 >>didn't know that...
12 >Its nice to see that even us computer geeks have a sense of humor :)
13
14 We do?
15
16 Dang. And here I thought all we were good for is hating Microsoft. ;)
17
18 Welcome, Lance-ereth!
19
20 -Joseph
21 --
23 "Asked by CollabNet CTO Brian Behlendorf whether Microsoft will enforce its
24 patents against open source projects, Mundie replied, 'Yes, absolutely.'
25 An audience member pointed out that many open source projects aren't
26 funded and so can't afford legal representation to rival Microsoft's. 'Oh
27 well,' said Mundie. 'Get your money, and let's go to court.'
28 Microsoft's patents only defensive? http://swpat.ffii.org/players/microsoft
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list