From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecate EAPIs 0 and 1?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:47:09
1 On 12/31/10 12:13 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > EAPI 0 might stick around for quite a while but for example deprecating
3 > EAPI 1 shouldn't be as hard.
4
5 That seems also to be a safe first step. EAPI-1 ebuilds were at least
6 written with EAPIs in mind. That's obviously not true for EAPI-0.
7
8 We could even deprecate EAPI-2 in favor of EAPI-3, hmmm....
9
10 I think a repoman non-fatal warning would be fine. If we have a warning
11 about forcing -j1, we can surely have one about ancient EAPIs.
12
13 Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
14
15 P.S. I'm excited to see the progress with PMS and new EAPIs being more
16 and more convenient and addressing frequent annoyances or deficiencies!