From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ccache causing problems
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:35:21
1 On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 01:02:48AM +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
2 > it's just like any package failing with some gcc/linked/whatever flag,
3 > you just don't stop using that flag where it works just because of one
4 > package, nor do you stop using gcc.
5 And for anybody that thinks they have a bug in ccache triggered by some
6 package.
7 1. backup the contents of your ccache.
8 2. Clear the cache.
9 3. Build once to populate the cache.
10 4. Build again to build against the cache (once or twice, should have
11 identical results).
12
13 If step 4 passes, you know you had corruption in your cache.
14 If step 4 fails, then I'm interested in where it failed, esp. if you can
15 run the entire process again and repeat the problem on demand.
16
17 Note however, that while I have a high level of trust in ccache, I do
18 think there are more latent bugs in distcc.
21 Robin Hugh Johnson
22 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
23 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
24 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85