From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ban EAPI 1
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 21:17:36
1 On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 22:43:10 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We briefly discussed in the QA team if we should demote EAPI 1 in
5 > layout.conf from "eapis-deprecated" to "eapis-banned". This would
6 > have the consequence that repoman would refuse to commit packages
7 > containing such ebuilds. AFAICS there would be no impact on users.
8 >
9 > What do you think?
10
11 Java team is fully aware that we make up the bulk of the remainder and
12 we are working to reduce it although other things have a habit of
13 jumping in front. I am due to remove all ia64 keywords from Java
14 packages and this change would mean that I have to address the EAPI of
15 5 ebuilds first but don't let that stop you.
18 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
19 Gentoo Linux Developer