From: Corey Crawford <ccrawford@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] vpopmail's emerge directory structure
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:00:52
1 Afternoon everyone,
2
3 Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind putting vpopmail's tcp.smtp
4 file in /etc?
5
6 Since my vpopmail runs as user 'vpopmail' it doesn't have access to write in
7 /etc which causes problems when trying to update this file. Is there some
8 reason we no longer want it in /var/vpopmail/etc (where was not too long
9 ago)?
10
11 Also, anyone know of a way to have emerge ignore my mysql USE flag when
12 emerging vpopmail? :)
13
14 Thanks!
15
16 ---
17 Corey Crawford
18 ccrawford@×××××××.net
21 -----Original Message-----
22 From: Rumi Szabolcs [mailto:rumi_ml@××××.hu]
23 Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 3:50 PM
24 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
25 Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo kernel patches
28 Hello!
29
30 I was trying to figure out which patches are applied to the
31 stock kernel for the various gentoo kernels, but in the
32 "Gentoo Linux Kernel Guide" I couldn't find any details on
33 that. I found a suspicious file in the kernel tree though:
34 /usr/src/linux/patches.txt (xfs-sources) This one really
35 seems like that what I'm looking for, but using Google & co
36 I wasn't able to find anything that would confirm that.
37 Can anybody provide me with some info on that?
38
39 Thanks!
40
41 Regards,