From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bootstrap stage1 which comes with python2.2
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:30:53
1 Hi,
2
3 i don't want to report a bug or something like that before i discussed
4 it here, but if you bootstrap the old release-stage1 from 20030910,
5 python 2.3 will be installed, but python 2.2 won't be uninstalled, but
6 python 2.2 isn't listed to be installed. (qpkg -I |grep python only
7 shows python2.3, but not python2.2)
8
9 bootstrap.sh should somehow upgrade python to the current version, but i
10 cannot imagine how that should work. python2.2 cannot be unmerged (since
11 qpkg -I doesn't list it), and python2.3 has a lot of dependencies.
12
13 I wonder if there are more files like /usr/bin/python2.2/* that don't
14 belong to any package listed by "qpkg -I". These files could be recorded
15 in the database as a package called "stage1" which can be unmerged after
16 the "emerge system".
17
18 What do you think?
19