From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: christel@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:34:05
1 Heyas Christel,
2
3 A few quick comments - the document specifically calls out the
4 gentoo-dev mailing list (for obvious reasons in the last week or two),
5 but never identifies any other part of "Gentoo's official
6 communication infrastructure". While I completely understand the
7 intent, the scope might want to be broadened or defined a bit. And how
8 does this contrast/compliment the devrel conduct for forums and mailing
9 lists? Will it replace, merge, or compliment?
10
11 My other item (you knew there'd be at least one more :) is something I
12 brought up on irc yesterday, namely (if its feasible with infra)
13 downgrading a subscription to read-only mode rather than outright
14 banning/suspending a user from a mailing list. They would retain the
15 right to receive the mail, just not comment for a short period (and
16 hopefully cooler heads will prevail, yada, etc.).
17
18 Thanks for your time,
23 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
24 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
25 Gentoo/SPARC
26 Gentoo/AMD64
27 GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E