From: Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Using HTTPS mirrors only in thirdpartymirrors (when possible)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 11:36:06
1 Hi,
2
3 On 29/09/2019 11.56, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > WDYT?
5
6 You mean using HTTPS-only mirrors in 3rdparty mirrors? I am on board
7 with that.
8
9 Ideally, we would switch all of Gentoo resources to HTTPS too. I had a
10 short discussion about it in #-infra where I was looking for distfiles
11 and stage3 snapshots mirror roundrobin that is https enabled, this of
12 course require a huge changes and it unlikely come anytime soon, but for
13 what's it worth, I think no official Gentoo resource should default to
14 non encrypted HTTP, and the only http enabled traffic should be a 301
15 HTTP redirect to https address.
16
17 -- Piotr.